The best thing in life is not always be free; instead happiness doesn’t require an overweight price tag either. Sometimes, a simple thing like lazing all day at home can also provides the most fun and leisure. I love weekends, this is the only time I can wake up late and watching TV while laying back on the couch. Weekends is the only free time for me to be spent with my beloved family especially by lending helping hands to my mum in the kitchen and do some spring cleaning as well.
While I was cleaning my room, I saw an old book entitled “Tuesdays with Morrie” written by a well-known author, Mitch Albom. As I flash back my memories, I remembered that I bought this book four years ago in a down town book store.
Unlike other story books, “Tuesdays with Morrie” taught us lesson about the wondrous significant of life, courage and wisdom. I strongly recommend this book for those who interested to gain knowledge about life’s greatest lesson.
Here is one of my favorite Quote attributed by the author to Morrie Schwartz.....
Getting Meaning into Life:
"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning." (p.43)
"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning." (p.43)
This book has inspired their reader, it makes me understand better what’s the purpose for me to exist in this world and for who I am today.

No comments:
Post a Comment